Our dental negligence lawyers share their five top tips for starting a dental claim
Starting a dental claim could not be easier. Just call us on 0333 888 0406 or send an email to [email protected]
As our clinical negligence team is now ranked top in the UK on the legal review website, ReviewSolicitors*,we’d like to think we know a thing or two about dental negligence claims.
We appreciate that starting a dental claim can be a daunting experience and for many it will be their first time having to take legal action. So, to make the process smoother and increases your chances of getting a successful outcome, here are our five top tips:
- Make notes after every dental appointment as soon as you realise things are not right. It is best to do this while everything is fresh in your mind. Notes that are made at the time are extremely helpful to us as lawyers and provide a good source of evidence, especially when we prepare your witness statement.
- Keep receipts. Every time you incur an expense which results from the dental negligence, keep the paperwork and make a note of it.
- Keep a list of the places where you have received dental treatment and who has treated you. Patients often see a number of different practitioners; sometimes for second opinions, sometimes for different types of dentistry. As your dental negligence solicitors it will help us to see a list of where you have been and who you have seen.
- Obtain your dental records from the dentist or the hospital. This can help speed up the assessment process when starting your dental claim. You can also check whether the information in your records matches the version of events that you have in your diary.
- Stay calm and let us, your dental negligence solicitors, deal with the stress of the situation. I appreciate this isn’t always easy. You will have already lost trust in a professional who was meant to be acting in your best interest and now you are being asked to trust another. However, we will be there to guide you through the process and relieve you of as much of the strain as possible. Let us know how we can help you and what you need from us.
For further guidance on starting a dental claim give us a call or send an email. We will assess your case free of charge and can work on a no win, no fee basis.
Slee Blackwell Solicitors LLP were ranked first in the UK for clinical negligence by ReviewSolicitors in October 2023